Pancake day - Bancakes recipe!
Making up a perfect pancake recipe took me quite a few tries. I used to be a fan of American pancakes which were filled with butter and smothered in Greek Yoghurt and Maple syrup. Hello saturated fat, right? I wanted to make sure that this vegan recipes that I am sharing with you is not filled with fat and does not have that much sugar either.
You need only a few very basic ingredients to make up this recipe. You can serve it with your choice of toppings, I choose vegan yoghurt, berries and Sweet Freedom syrup with a few mint leaves.
1 ripe banana
10g pea protein
1/2 cup oat or all purpose flour (+/-)
1/2 cup plant milk (+/-)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp coconut oil for frying
1. Mix all the pancake ingredients in a blender or a bowl. Add more milk or flour to reach a thick batter consistency. (Still runny but thick enough not to spread over the pan)
2. Heat up a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
3. Brush the pan with a bit of the coconut oil.
4. Use around 1/4 cup mixture per pancake and pour it on to the pan, repeat until you used up the space on the pan, cook for 2- 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface.
5. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Serve with a choice of toppings.
Macros without the toppings:
I would love to hear your thoughts about this recipe! Email me your feedback or pictures :)
With good vibes and gratitude